Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hubbyless

When I started this blog my goal was to at least try and post once a week.  I am a bit behind so I guess I have some catching up to do!

It has been crazy busy around here.  Last weekend Old Dad and Grand Mag flew up for a much needed visit with our crazy bunch.  We had a wonderful time running around for 3 days and I think Old Dad only about had a heart attack one time when Kyle came upstairs Sunday morning to get in bed with them asking them to be quiet because, "mommy and daddy ar downtairs making me a baby sista".  You ask were this came from?  Well, Kyle has been asking for the last week or so If we will make him a baby sister that "actually" likes him.    He informed me that he will name her "Bat Girl"!  By the way, we were not making a baby in any way shape or form, we were SLEEPING!  Crazy Kid!

Monday was a bit insane considering Mark had to fly out at 6 am to Las Vegas for a conference (a week long work trip, supposed to cone home Friday evening, just remember this for later reference).  I had to teach that morning then make an unexpected trip to the doctor for Karis since she had quite a bit of stuff oozing from her ears (a double ear infection no wonder she hasn't been sleeping well).   Then take Old Dad and Grand Mag to the airport, all in enough time to get back to grab Colson off the bus and head to basketball practice!

Now for the main part of this blog I want to start by saying I give SINGLE MOMS PROPS!  I have been through three 7-8 month deployments and have a hubby who gets home about 7 or 8 every night and is out of town at least a week or two most months.  Is it hard?  Gosh yes, but I am lucky enough that I do have someone that loves us and does his best to be the best husband and father I could ever ask for.  I am blessed to be able to stay home with my babies and only work when I want to, which is only a few hours a week teaching fitness classes, and is much more of an outlet than a job because I love every minute of it.  You ask why am I telling you all this?  Thursday is an example of how life is around our home when the hubby is gone.  It was a day (like most) I look back on and have to laugh because when you can't cry you just have to LAUGH!

Thursday morning was women's bible study and I was up at 6:30 am (ok so 6:47) to get Colson on the bus by 6:55, and we made it!  I had time to have my smoothie, coffee get the other youngin's breakfast and my Crossfit workout done to be at church by 10 am.  This was all going pretty good (yes we did almost miss the bus) until the first (or second if you count the minor bus chaser thing) major mishap of the morning.

So I was running on my treadmill sprinting 400's and doing over head squats and I feel a boom on my treadmill.  So I finish my workout since the treadmill is still running, and try to figure out the problem.

Treadmill Fail
I don't know if you can tell but the entire base of the treadmill has popped off the rails.  Where is the HUBBY?  (Oh I forgot VEGAS.  I'm not bitter)  Not a big deal, the hubby can try and fix this one when he gets home TOMORROW!

I am making it to bible study in time!  My mess minus Colson and I head downstairs so I can shower and get ready for our day.  I lock the mess (minus Colson) in my room with the door adjoining the bathroom open so they can't get into too much while I am in the shower for at max 2.6 minutes.  When I get out this is what I find!

Daddy needs an easy anniversary present idea... maybe a vacuum?
Yes in that 2.6 minutes Karis has gotten into my drawer, gotten my perfume in a glass bottle out and began beating it on the ceramic floor!  Yes It is broken and thankfully no glass in any of her body parts since she was rubbing her little body around on the perfume (which caused about a 15 minute delay in leaving for bible study)!

Right at 12 we had to rush home because apparently Colson was having a half day and would be getting home at 12:00 (thanks Dana).  By the way, he was not supposed to have school Friday either!  This is just a little frustrating since our kids had to go to school on four Satudays because of time we lost with the hurricane.  Apparently they wanted to be able to give the kids random days off throughout the year.

We grab Coslon and I decided to treat them to McDonalds since Colson usually misses these outings.  All was going well until Karis decided to try and steal Kyle's orange drink (Key Word = TRY).  The drink goes flying and hits about four Marines (thankfully they had a good sense of humor, maybe cause Karis tried to kiss one; her way of saying sorry).  It was the perfect time to leave McDonalds.   Sorry no pictures of this incident, I was doing my best to get us out of there!

Yea, it was rest time!  Karis was out cold, Colson playing Wii, and Kyle in his bed watching Noggin (I thought).  I did something I don't ever get to do and closed my eyes during the middle of the day.  That lasted maybe 9 minutes 'till I hear some kind of loud boom coming from the boys room!

Not caused by a hurricane that makes Saturday a school day. 

Aftermath.  Maybe FEMA could help this?

Yes this room was totally clean 9 minutes before when I tucked my sweet baby boy to bed!

I didn't really have any business closing my eyes anyway.  I had to start dinner for a friend that just had surgery.  I only had about an hour or so because I had to get all the kids ready to leave so I could go teach spin at Sports Center 30 minutes away (my outlet and I needed it).  The mess actually likes going because they get to play and then have a smoothie when we leave, so it is nice for all of us.

Oh I forgot to tell you that at some point during our day, Mark decided to come home a day early and by the way it is his BIRTHDAY!


After class (7:00 pm), I remember that I have NOTHING for my husband's birthday and decided to make a quick run to Harris Teeter to get some cards, dinner and maybe a present.  Of course this turned into a full-on grocery experience with, "kids running around like chickens do when their heads have been cut off," said by the little old man who was buying groceries at night so he doesn't have to deal with crazy little ones like my mess.  That poor old man!  I guess he picked the wrong night to go shopping!  Thank goodness Harris Teeter had Lunchables to feed my mess, because surely they would all be asleep when we got home!
Not gonna sleep when the 3DS is handy!



Barely staying awake, because She knows she might miss something.
No real intrest in sleeping when it makes sense...

Nope... I wouldn't be lucky enough!

we might as well have a bath (it's only 9:30)!
Splish Splash...

I did ask Colson to get everyone undressed and he did a pretty good job...

"Mommy will pick it up."

while I unloaded all our groceries
Thursday's $250 (it was Harris Teeter after all)












I think I finally got everyone in the bed by 10:15, just minutes before the hubby walks in the door!




Happy Birthday Mark!
Eat yo chickin and quit yo stinkin'!





What more could a man ask for on his birthday?  Rotisserie chicken, cookies, cards and the most amazing present!  A back scrubber with manly scrubbing soap!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA you are such a great writer! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sort of made me tired to read. And I'm facing an 16 hour travel day with an 18 month old on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a day. Good write-up though.

    ReplyDelete