Saturday, January 21, 2012

Visiting Friends!

This past Friday was my birthday and we spent most of the afternoon heading up to Maryland to visit some of our best friends.  I can say the trip really wasn't that bad.  Karis was our best rider.  I'm almost positive Colson said, "Are we in Maryland Yet?" at least 100 times.  Kyles question was, "Are we IN out of town yet?"  The fight was Colson saying we were going to Maryland and Kyle insisting we were not going to Maryland, we were going 'Out of town.'  This discussion lasted approximately 61/2 hours off and on.  By hour 5, Mark's answer to every question was YES!  When we arrived in Maryland, Mark and my mess gave me my birthday present!  They got me a Macbook Pro.  I had no idea and I love it!

My friend Megan was having a big party for her hubby's Bday Saturday night in Alexandria.  Saturday morning us girls left about 11:30 to go spend the afternoon shopping in DC and getting things ready for the party.  Megan's driving skills left me a bit nauseous, but we made it without any serious problems.  We left all the kids with the hubbies until the nanny arrived.  These 3 men decided to take 5 kids to eat lunch at Texas Roadhouse; I can only imagine how that went.  I assume they survived, since they managed to make it to the hotel later that evening.  

All night Megan was on a mission, and we spent a lot of the evening walking from one place to the next trying to find somewhere to dance.  I think around 1:00 am we were informed that there was nowhere to dance in Alexandria and we would have to go to DC.  I guess we should have asked earlier.  You know me, I love to exercise but really not in heels!  

We did have an amazing night and I'm so glad we were able to spend time with our best friends.  Mark and I spent the night in DC without kids.  It was the first time I left Karis over night, but she did great.  The nanny said she wouldn't let Colson put her down, but he didn't seem to mind.  I'm so glad we went up there.  It was a much needed trip for Mark and I to spend time with our friends and each other.  We needed a little US time! 

So this is my blog that I wrote last Sunday and never posted!  Ha Ha!  Whatever, I guess I will get this blog thing soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment